04.05.2012 08:18 PM
Do I have access to any unique User information?
For example, I need to use getDeviceCapabilities
It seems that the user can log in using these methods:
OAuth combines the following end-user interactions and related functionality:
- Authentication of the end user as an AT&T subscriber, method 1 — username + password
- Authentication of the end user as an AT&T subscriber, method 2 — MSISDN + PIN
- Authentication of the end user as an AT&T subscriber, method 3 — on-network detection
- End-user registration linkage for authentication method 1 (username + password)
- Password management linkage for authentication method 1 (username + password)
- Consent as a means of capturing end-user authorization for the application to use the AT&T network
Now, I don't know how that is relevant, but for example, I want to call the API GetDeviceCapabilities:
Where address is the phone number, MSISDN, according to the docs.
Okay, I can get accessToken, but how to get that MSISDN? Any API for that?
04.06.2012 09:31 AM
There is no API to get the MSISDN. The assumption is that the application will obtain that information from the user.
Hope that helps,
04.11.2012 06:52 PM
You would need to implement some sort of user management in your webapp. Most likely you would need a server (webserver) store user information that is collected during a user's signup (including MSISDN). Whenever the user logs in, you can retrieve their MSISDN. Of course, you would need to get the consent of the user for storing their MSISDN, which I assume some users will allow and others won't.
You could also just prompt them for it when they lauch your app. You wouldn't need to store it, but just request the information (MSISDN) in a web form, and use that in your device capabilities request.
Hope that helps,
- of 1