Based on some of the feedback we’ve received in the past few months, we’re excited to announce that we’ll be making some changes to the ranking structure of the AT&T Developer Program community. In addition to changing the rank names to titles like Classic Ghost and Awesome Sauce Coder, we’re also going to start giving away some cool prizes to developers who regularly engage on the blog and forum.
The changes will take effect on 7/10 and we think you’ll agree; they’re pretty awesome! Here’s what we currently have in mind:
Upcoming community rank structure changes:
- To level up you will need to contribute to the community by posting, giving and receiving kudos, and or spending time online viewing posts of others.
- New rank names include Novice Spy, Classic Ghost, and Awesome Sauce Coder to name a few. To reach the top and become an Awesome Sauce Coder for example, you will need to create 300 posts.
Prizes and incentives for contributing to the community and leveling up include:
- The more you contribute the faster you move up the ranks and receive special user permissions including the ability to upload images, create profile badges and have custom avatars.
- There will be a monthly prize giveaway to 3 lucky users who fall in ranks higher than Noob. Prizes include AT&T devices or accessories, and gift cards. To be eligible, you need to actively contribute to the community (post, give/receive kudos, spend time online viewing community posts) within the given month (terms and conditions apply).
- Anyone who reaches the top ranks will be eligible to receive free passes to industry events sponsored or held by AT&T (i.e. CTIA, Tech ED, and the AT&T Developer Summit).
Stay tuned for more updates on how to take advantage of our new ranking system and in the meantime feel free to give us more feedback on how we can serve you better.
Any ideas for rank names would also be welcomed… maybe something like ‘Sir Comments-A-Lot’? Please drop your comments, suggestions or questions in the box below.